Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year, a day late

Happy New Year, and Happy Birthday to me!  Twenty-five today.  I have a feeling this is supposed to be a milestone of sorts, but I really don't feel any different than I did yesterday.  


Looking back at the past year, I see good and bad things, things I wish had happened that didn't and things I never expected to that did.  I wanted to finish my novel, and I did, but I'm still waiting for that acceptance letter.  I started a new one, but am not quite as far along with it as I would like.  Aaron and I bought a house, and I have to be glad and amazed that we could actually manage it so soon.  Altogether it has been a good year.


Oh, the latest Reanimated Rags project is a dress made from curtains, which, appropriately enough, I've been referring to as the "Scarlet O'Hara".  Still not quite sure I have any right to try to peddle these things, but people do seem to like them.  Hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon-ish.


I don't generally make New Year's resolutions, as I'm quite prone to guilt, but I do set goals.  Somehow "goals" sounds a little less, well, resolved, thus there is less guilt if you fall short, or so I tell myself.  Maybe I'm just weak.  It's quite possible.  In any case, we shall see soon enough if the goals set for 2011 end up fulfilled or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment