Monday, October 31, 2011

All Hallows Eve

A very happy All Hallow' Eve to everyone!  I think I mentioned this last year, but I've always preferred "All Hallows Eve" to "Halloween".  It has such a mysterious ring.  It is reminiscent of wood smoke and moonlit fields, and I like the old tradition of it being a night to remember the dead.  "Halloween" is reminiscent of candy and latex, and has become too much of a platform for selling rubber outfits and horror films.  I do enjoy dressing up, and won the local costume contest two years ago for my costume, "Going Postal", which involved a tutu I made out of electric blue bubble wrap, decorated with many postage stamps and postal stickers.  In any case, I enjoy the holiday, and tonight I shall light a few candles, hand out candy to the adorable midgets who come to my door, and spend some time thinking of those who have gone before me.

1 comment:

  1. I like the term "All Hallowed Eve" too. I hope you had an enjoyable one.

    ReplyDelete